- Advertising Compliance
- Third-Party Website Ad Guidelines
- “SHOP RVA, ShopRVA” does not currently use third parties to host the Site but reserves the right to do so in the future. Advertisers must comply with all ad guidelines specified by any third-party website hosting the “SHOP RVA, ShopRVA” application. Compliance is the responsibility of all companies involved in placing an ad on a “SHOP RVA, ShopRVA” application, be it advertiser, advertising network, agency, broker, or offerwall provider. All parties involved must know the “SHOP RVA, ShopRVA” advertising guidelines as well as the guidelines and terms of service specific to the third-party website, if any, hosting the “SHOP RVA, ShopRVA” application that the ads are being shown on.
- All companies involved in advertising on the Site or the “SHOP RVA, ShopRVA” Network must ensure that ads are in compliance when advertising guidelines are updated by us or any third-party website hosting the “SHOP RVA, ShopRVA” application.
- SHOP RVA Trademarks and Intellectual Property
- All ads, ad copy, and landing pages must adhere to the following restrictions:
- Ads cannot mention or refer to “SHOP RVA, ShopRVA”, SHOP RVA, ShopRVA or the “SHOP RVA” brand in any manner, including in the title, body, image, destination URL, or landing page.
- Advertisers’ Websites
(where linked from ads on the Site or the “SHOP RVA, ShopRVA” Network)/ Destination URLs
- Advertisers’ websites cannot generate a pop-up (including “pop-overs” and “pop-unders”) when a user enters or leaves the page.
- Advertisers’ websites cannot use “fake” close behavior (i.e., When a user clicks the ‘close’ icon on the page, the page should close down and no other behavior should result).
- Advertisers’ websites cannot utilize “mouse trapping” whereby the advertiser does not allow users to use their browser “back button” and traps them on their site and/or present any other unexpected behavior (for example: navigation to another ad or page).
- Upon any click of a link, advertisers’ websites cannot auto-adjust the dimensions of a user’s browser (screen takeover).
- Upon any click of a link, advertisers’ websites cannot pop or auto-launch a download to a user’s computer.
- Prohibited Advertisers, Ad Categories and Content
- Businesses Located Outside the United States
- Online-Only (E-Commerce) Businesses (including online games)
- Multi-Level Marketing Businesses (e.g., Avon or Herbalife)
- Real Estate Listings
- Personal Ads (e.g., “1998 Honda Civic for $500”; “Hugs for Sale”)
- Business Opportunity Offers
- “Get rich quick” and other money-making opportunities that offer compensation for little or no investment, including money-making schemes positioned as alternatives to part-time or full-time employment.
- For example, “Learn how to make $1,000/day on eBay”
- Quizzes, Surveys (and any variation thereof)
- Questions presented to users that have no actual bearing on the ad or offer displayed are not permitted.
- Gambling Advertisements
- Gambling, including without limitation, any online casino, sports books, bingo, poker, or keno.
- Prohibited Content/Prohibited Goods and Services
- Illegal activity;
- Offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene or inappropriate language;
iii. Obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content;
- Tobacco products; recreational drugs (chemical or herbal); psychoactive substances; equipment to facilitate drug use; prescription drugs; unapproved pharmaceutical products; and/or dietary or nutritional supplements;
- Ammunition, firearms, paintball guns, BB guns, explosives or weapons of any kind;
- Scams, pyramid schemes, or chain letters;
vii. Contests and sweepstakes;
viii. Adult content, including nudity, sexual terms, prostitution, escort services and/or images of people in positions or activities that are excessively suggestive or sexual, provocative images in violation of SHOP RVA, ShopRVA standards, adult toys, videos, or other adult products;
- Adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis;
- Spy cams or illegal surveillance equipment;
- Inflammatory religious content;
xii. Politically religious agendas and/or any known associations with hate, criminal and/or terrorist activities;
xiii. Content that exploits political agendas or uses “hot button” issues for commercial use regardless of whether the advertiser has a political agenda;
xiv. Hate speech, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of such individual or group;
- Content that advocates against any organization, person, or group of people, with the exception of candidates running for public office; and
xvi. Content that depicts a health condition in a derogatory or inflammatory way or misrepresents a health condition in any way.
- Data and Privacy
- Exception: If a user explicitly opts-in via a checkbox for allowing their information to be shared with a third party or used for purposes not directly related to the offer being advertised. Advertisers cannot provide incentives for users to opt-in.
- Advertiser terms that automatically opt-in a user to allow for the user’s information to be shared with third parties is not permitted. This applies to all parties involved in displaying an ad on the Site or the “SHOP RVA, ShopRVA” Network, including but not limited to advertisers, advertising networks, agency, brokers, or offerwall providers.
- Advertisers, ad networks, ad brokers, and offer wall providers must only deliver ads that correspond to Affordable Advertising Solution’s ad philosophy and do not violate the ad guidelines. The parties must police themselves with human and technological means to ensure compliance. Technology failures are not acceptable.
- We reserve the right to monitor ads and offers to ensure compliance. For ad placements that geo-target based on IP (such as offerwalls), we may monitor ads from IP addresses around the world.
- We reserve the right to remove ads that violate these guidelines and may take enforcement action against any advertiser, ad network, ad broker, or offerwall provider that violates these guidelines including but not limited to removing all traffic from and ceasing to do business with the offending provider.
Our Advertising Guidelines Are Subject To Change Without Notice. Please Check Back Periodically For New Updates.
Last updated: March 10, 2017